Field Crop Management
The Field Crop Management major is ideal for students interested in agronomy, crop production, and plant, soil, and pest management. Crop scientists (or agronomists) are involved in improving food, feed, and fiber production. Graduates qualify for careers in agribusiness, corporate and technical farm management, professional consulting, research, and sales positions.
Feed the World. Power the Planet.
Employment and Career Possibilities within this major
- Seed Marketing Consultant
- Production Specialist
- Crop Insurance Specialist
- USDA or EPA employee
- Laboratory Researcher
Examples of Required/Preferred Classes for Freshmen
- Crop_Sci/Hort 102: Cultivated Plants
- Siol_Sci 201: Siol: A Living System
- Biology 106, Biology 107, OR Biology 120
- Chem 102:Chem Related to Life Sciences OR Chem 106: Princ. Of Chem II
- IPM 201: Intro to Pest Mgmt in Quality Env.